The essence of Spiritual exploration is consciousness development. It does not involve religious belief.
The Concerns of Spiritual Exploration
Consciousness Development Tools
We find everyone has their own way of awakening through the use of a variety of spiritual tools or technologies. These are the ancient tools for consciousness development.
Consciousness development is the domain of spiritual exploration. The processes in this domain we call “spiritual technologies”. They include tools for exploring consciousness passed down to us by many different cultures around the globe. These processes come to us primarily from Eastern traditions and indigenous cultures. The Eastern Seers and Sages understood the value of the ancient processes. Thus, preserving and protecting the integrity of these processes for future generations.
Above all these spiritual technologies stand up to the test of science. They exhibit repeatable common experiential phenomena. And, they also have unique physiological signatures different from the basic states of consciousness (waking, sleeping, and dreaming). So, they require no belief or faith in any religious doctrine. Therefore, all you need to do is follow the process correctly. Additionally, you’ll see similarities here to the process from Gurdjieff’s work. After all, human physiology hasn’t changed in thousands of years.
The Spiritual Technologies
There are many ways to list these life-changing processes. We like this simplified method. Some of these technologies could be in more than one category. These processes include:
- The application of logical reasoning. This includes both deductive and inductive reasoning. Plus several “logical tools” to sharpen the ability to discern fact from fiction.
- Utilizing The Enneagram Personality Profile. A tool to understand the mechanisms of Ego, the personality, and instincts. It’s also a doorway to understanding the virtues and gifts of the spirit.
- Progressions of seated meditation. Basic Mindfulness Centering exercises through Japa Meditation and the Siddhis of Patanjali
- Progressions of moving meditation. These include energy collection, Forest Bathing, Qigong, Tai Chi, Tei Ke.
- Healing modalities including but not limited to Pejut, Reiki, and Shiatsu.
- Awareness and consciousness expansion pathways like Forest Bathing, Lucid Dreaming, and the Shamanic Journey.