It’s good to know what to do when your path is blocked. Knowing the right thing to do is essential in your health and spiritual growth. Do you know how to recognize the signs of stagnant growth or unhealthy patterns of thought?
When you feel stagnant or just not getting anywhere, it is time to diagnose what’s going on. It could be the Universe attempting to teach you something. On the other hand, it could be an issue from the past that needs attention. Still, it could also be interference from some unhealthy programming.
Removing Spiritual Roadblocks
When you feel blocked, this can be very frustrating. You may feel your life isn’t moving in the direction you think it should. Something’s blocking your path and holding you back.
Some people follow routines ingrained by self-hypnosis. They aren’t growing; they get stuck in a rut, and they don’t realize it. It is because they follow a religion, a teacher, or both. That’s when it’s time to diagnose what’s going on.
“Allow for many paths to your goal. Do not fixate on one path, because then you are likely to give up when that path is blocked.” — Po Bronson
Removing spiritual roadblocks is something we learn to do with a simple exercise. First pause for a few minutes. Stop thinking about what the issue could be. Give the active mind a rest. Sometimes just pausing the active mind will clarify the issue or issues. Be sure to use a spiritual journal to document everything. If you don’t know what this is, follow the link first.
If you are stuck and don’t know what to do, start over. Reevaluate where you are in your spiritual walk, and don’t be afraid to start over again.
On the positive side, when your path is blocked, it shows you are making progress. It means you have new insight. Good for you.
The sources of your roadblock could be one or more of the following:
- Unhealthy programming from the cultural narrative or our Ego
- The Universe prompts you to move in another direction
- An issue from the past that you need to resolve
- You are stuck in a victim or survivor mindset and are ready to progress to a victor.
The Signs of Spiritual Stagnation
You’ll notice a pattern to these signs. They have the common element of organized religion. Read them and see if any of these seem familiar.
1) Reading the same book over and over again is indoctrination that reinforces self-hypnosis. Studying the same text repeatedly while trying to convince yourself that you are learning is a waste of time. What’s really happening is just strengthening the hypnotic power of religious programming.
2) You spend time pretending and praying, which again is religious programming to reinforce their programming. You aren’t growing spiritually or psychologically by engaging in magical thinking.
3) You attend worship services, which is another form of prayer and pretending. You reinforce the hypnotic effect of superstition by singing songs that contain religious mythology.
4) You feel guilty about practicing meditation or other positive spiritual practices because of the doctrine or dogma of the rules in your religious paradigm.
5) Worry and regret are telling you that you are wasting with your chosen religion. However, you are hesitant to break free because you fear the loss of personal relationships. You fear being labeled as an outcast, an unbeliever, even a heretic.
6) Anger at your situation in life is common when your spiritual path is blocked. You find many things irritating and frustrating because of dogma and doctrine that is confining your growth. Negative emotions are a good sign your Soul or Observer is trying to get you to make a change.
7) Addiction to religious television is common among those who are spiritually stagnated. They don’t realize it because they are exposing themselves to the tactics of self-hypnosis that keep them paying customers.
If any of the above issues resonate with you, then you know the source of the problem. Eliminating or minimizing your exposure to the source will give you space to repair your internal programming. You may see the source but aren’t sure of the exact issue or programming you need to fix. So, the following steps will help you identify what is holding you back.
“Every individual has to assume responsibility for his or her own actions, even the poor and the young. A social system that decrees otherwise is inviting intellectual atrophy and spiritual stagnation.” — Tom Robbins
What To Do When Your Path is Blocked
1) Pinpoint the Obvious Issues
First, try this simple exercise to help identify the issues.
Close your eyes. Sit up straight but comfortably. Allow your head to float above the shoulders. Bring your attention to your body posture and breath. Observe your breath but don’t change it. Breathe deeply and naturally.
Sit and breathe for 3 to 5 minutes. When thoughts invade, gently bring your attention back to the body and your breath. At the end of 3 to 5 minutes, ask yourself; what is blocking my path? What is the lesson? Then write the answers in your journal.
If this isn’t clarifying the issue, we suggest the automatic writing technique.
2) Automatic Writing
When you use the automatic writing technique, it will unlock everything subconsciously. We recommend you document your sessions in your spiritual journal so that you can spot patterns or issues. Follow this link to the automatic writing process.
Trust your subconscious to explore and bring new options and resources. An excellent place to start is asking yourself the question, “what is the lesson?” Again, it is crucial to document everything in your spiritual journal. It will help you identify any trends. It’s also a way of cultivating your intuitive powers.
It’s a simple but effective strategy for finding solutions to those issues blocking your path. However, even if you have identified the first two roadblocks, we recommend another tool to confirm your findings. Removing spiritual roadblocks is something we all face. If you are not using the Enneagram, you should add it to your spiritual tool belt.
3) Enneagram Personality Profile
The Enneagram Personality Profile is a tool that will identify the default programming scripts of your personality and instinctual type. If there is an issue here because of unhealthy thought patterns, this tool will show them to you.
How to Remove the Roadblocks
When your path is blocked, using the right spiritual technology will help you deal with the issue. If you are using all the above diagnostic tools, you are already using some of these technologies.
Removing spiritual roadblocks is a common issue. The more we progress down, the more likely to encounter things we need to resolve. The most significant problems come up first. However, if you repress them, it may take years of practice before they surface. It’s also not uncommon to have the same issues resurface. Don’t be discouraged.
You at least recognize that there is something in the way. The dominant cultural narrative fixates many people, and they do not see they are in a trap. The mind trap of faith is a debilitating condition. We know that denial is an effective tactic to maintain any paradox.
The spiritual law of ebb and flow helps us understand how to push through the dominant cultural folklore’s roadblocks. The wave of negativity returns, but we learn to ride this wave and move forward.
We can solve most of the problems you encounter with meditation by using our meditation troubleshooting guide.
The catalog of ancient methods for exploring consciousness is what we call spiritual technologies. They are a collection of processes to develop the potential of the mind, body, and spirit. They offer us ways to expand awareness and reach higher states of consciousness.
These tools differ significantly from religion. They do not require faith or belief in any religious doctrine. Anyone can use these processes to develop their full potential. All you need to do is follow the process, and it’s just like following the recipe for baking a cake. If you combine the right ingredients in the right way and you get something delicious.
We select the best of these ancient methods for our blended learning method. These processes are time-tested by generations of use, and they stand up to the rigorous tests of science. They are repeatable processes, and several produce measurable effects on our physiology. These changes include increased brainwave coherence, lower heart rate, and increased skin resistance. Changes like this prove these partitions of consciousness differ significantly from waking, dreaming, and sleeping.
We divide these tools into four major categories:
Everyone can use these methods to create their unique spiritual path, and you can start with any of these methods. The more of them you use, the faster your progress.
When your path is blocked, it is a sign that you have made progress. Don’t be discouraged. Removing spiritual roadblocks is something every warrior of light encounters.
If this article resonates, you’ll find more to spark your interest on our blog. To learn more about our organization, see our FAQ page. If you have feedback or questions, please send us a message via the contact us link.
Register on our site to receive discounts on training and unadvertised material. We comply with all GDPR guidelines and never share or sell your contact data.
Are you interested in spiritual exploration? Check out the blended learning process at the core of our teaching process. It reflects what Joseph Campbell called the Hero’s Journey (1). Our learning options include both face-to-face and virtual learning sessions. Please consider donating and supporting our mission.
(1) Joseph Campbell & Joseph Campbell’s book The Hero’s Journey, Wikipedia