The Hero’s Journey always begins with the call. Does this spiritual quest resonate with you?
The Inner Quest
What draws people to this spiritual journey? Perhaps we everyone has this latent desire, but not everyone follows it. When we are ready, it calls us. This spiritual trek is what Joseph Campbell called the Hero’s Journey. This is the desire to fathom the depths of consciousness. There is a longing within us that desires to explore the unknown. Are you ready for this journey?
Many people think they can fulfill this inner quest by following a religion. But today, the trend is changing. Many create their own path. Either way, the journey on the inner quest always begins with the call, the desire to know the unknown.
“The hero’s journey always begins with the call. One way or another, a guide must come to say, ‘Look, you’re in Sleepy Land, Wake. Come on a trip. There is a whole aspect of your consciousness, your being, that’s not been touched. So you’re at home here? Well, there’s not enough of you there.’ And so it starts.” — Joseph Campbell
We use the quote above to start every new group meeting. And, so sets the tone and mission for the Hero’s Journey. We recommend you use it too. It can be the spark that focuses everyone on learning and sharing. If you hear the call, join us. We can be a helpful resource on your journey.
If you are just starting or re-dedicating your journey, share it to your Facebook page, and pin it to the top. This will help keep you focused and remind you to check back and see if there are any other quotes or topics that resonate with you. To learn more about the Hero’s Journey and the blended learning strategy used to teach these tools in the “about” section on the Hero’s Journey.
Above all, listen to the voice inside. Your intuition is trying to tell you there is more to this thing called reality. If you can relate to this call, then you can use tools of spiritual exploration. We call these tools spiritual technologies.
Spiritual technologies are methods of developing your potential. These are the tools for the inner quest. And, these processes stand up to the test of science – they are repeatable and measurable. Anyone can use them. It’s just like baking a cake. If you follow the directions, you get something delicious. We call the practice of these processes Spiritual Exploration.
There are several ways to list these processes. It’s important to note that some of these could fit in more than one category:
- Tools to enhance critical thinking. This study of basic logical reasoning along with spotting logical fallacies and logical axioms. Then we also use a comparative analysis. This is a step-by-step way of comparing beliefs between different worldviews. Above all, these tools will help sharpen your ability to discern fact from fiction.
- The Enneagram Personality Profile. This is mostly an analytical tool. It provides insight into the mechanisms of ego, personality, and instinct.
- Seated meditation is often the heart of your spiritual practice. This includes a range from Beginning Meditation and Mindfulness Meditation through Japa Meditation and more advanced Siddhis of Patanjali.
- Moving meditation helps us strengthen the mind-body connection. It is also an important key to our health and wellness. This progression includes several methods of energy collection, such as Forest Bathing, Qigong, and Tai Chi.
- Pathways for expanding and exploring awareness. This progression includes a range of processes from lucid dreaming, the Shamanic Journey and Guided Meditation to third-eye awakening and soul memory awareness. Practical tools to guide your path, a spiritual journal, and automatic writing.
- Healing practices are the final group. This branch includes Pe Jet, Reiki, and Shiatsu. Self-care is also a part of this group and is vital to our overall health and wellness.
Are you Drawn to the Inner Quest? If so, you are in the right place. You’ll find more articles to assist you on your journey on our blog. Also, check out our blended learning process, it’s the core of our teaching process. It also aligns the Hero’s Journey. This is the term Joseph Campbell gave the pattern of consciousness development. Our learning process is available in two forms. You can take part in the virtual learning module or in our workshops.
If this article resonates, there are more on our blog. To find out more about our organization, see our page FAQ. Please consider donating and supporting our mission. This helps others learn the knowledge for developing their own path.
Joseph Campbell & Joseph Campbell’s Book The Hero’s Journey, Wikipedia