Stuck in Your Own Head
Do you have a lot of nagging questions running through your head? Do you feel like you are missing something important, but you just can’t see it? It’ like your vision is obscured, like seeing life through a dark veil? This is a sign.
Do you find yourself caught up in memories? Are you constantly rerunning the past looking for clues? Do you feel more lonely in a crowd of people than when you are alone? Are you drawn to the unknown? Are you terrified by the implications of being alone in the Universe?
These questions are all good signs. They are common questions for someone in the awakening process. You realize you are stuck in your own head and need to find the backdoor. Some people never realize this important aspect of life.Yes, these are messages that you are awakening.
Seeing Life Through a Dark Veil
Most people are born with access to only the default modes of consciousness, waking, dreaming, and sleeping. Those who we call gifted are our natural Shaman, Seers, and Witches. They help us to move beyond the confines of the default mode.
The dream state is proof that non-ordinary reality exists, but most people ignore this important clue. It’s almost like someone doesn’t want us to explore or investigate our own awareness.
We are born with the limited default mode of consciousness. It gives us time to grow and prepare, but it is like seeing life through a dark veil. The limits of human design limit us until we are ready for other realms of non-ordinary reality. Our true capability is much greater. ― Guru Tua
Many spiritual teachers refer to the above feelings as the call of the inner quest. It means you are ready to awaken. You won’t find the answers to these questions in religion. However, the answers are within your grasp. They within your own awareness, your own consciousness.
Focus on Consciousness Development
We do not exist between our ears. You don’t have to stay stuck in your own head. Our consciousness is unlimited by space or time. We can develop our awareness and access higher states of consciousness.
Everyone has their own way of awakening. And, each of us has spiritual gifts to aid in this quest. These gifts are sleeping in our DNA. So, waking these gifts is the key. It sets our spiritual walk into motion. It opens our minds to new potentials.
Accessing these gifts was the central goal of many ancient cultures. And so, we benefit from generations of research. The results are a set of powerful tools anyone can use. We call these tools spiritual technologies. These are sound methods for expanding awareness and exploring consciousness.
Above all, these tools stand up to the test of science. They are repeatable experiential phenomena. And, higher states of awareness also have unique measurable physiological signatures. They differ from the basic states of consciousness (waking, sleeping, and dreaming). These processes do not require belief in a religion. All you need to do is follow the process. For the most part, these tools come from Eastern traditions. This is probably because their focus is on developing human potential.
Other schools of thought have a similar eclectic approach. For example, Gurdjieff’s approach was to adopt what is already proven to be effective. After all, human physiology hasn’t changed in thousands of years. So, the work of the ancient pioneers stands the test of time. Using the spiritual technologies is way out of the default mode.
You can list these tools in several ways. Some fall into more than one group. We like this simple method.
- Tools to enhance critical thinking. This study of basic logical reasoning along with spotting logical fallacies and logical axioms. Then we also use a comparative analysis. This is a step-by-step way of comparing beliefs between different worldviews. Above all, these tools will help sharpen your ability to discern fact from fiction.
- The Enneagram Personality Profile. This is mostly an analytical tool. It provides insight into the mechanisms of ego, personality, and instinct.
- Seated meditation is often the heart of your spiritual practice. This includes a range from Beginning Meditation and Mindfulness Meditation through Japa Meditation and more advanced Siddhis of Patanjali.
- Moving meditation helps us strengthen the mind-body connection. It is also an important key to our health and wellness. This progression includes several methods of energy collection, such as Forest Bathing, Qigong, and Tai Chi.
- Pathways for expanding and exploring awareness. This progression includes a range of processes from lucid dreaming, the Shamanic Journey and Guided Meditation to third-eye awakening and soul memory awareness. Practical tools to guide your path, a spiritual journal, and automatic writing.
- Healing practices are the final group. This branch includes Pe Jet, Reiki, and Shiatsu. Self-care is also a part of this group and is vital to our overall health and wellness.
As we awaken, we see how our experience of life has been blurred or obscured. We have been missing a lot. We have been seeing life through a filter like a dark veil. Now, it is time to remove the veil and awaken to a more full experience of reality. You don’t have to stay stuck in your own head, living in the default mode.
Interested in spiritual exploration? Check out the blended learning process at the core of our teaching process. It reflects what Joseph Campbell called the Hero’s Journey. Our learning options include both face-to-face and virtual learning sessions. Please consider donating and supporting our mission. This helps others learn the knowledge for developing their own path.
Joseph Campbell & Joseph Campbell’s Book The Hero’s Journey, Wikipedia