Learn when to use affirmations and how to avoid common problems.
How to Use Affirmations
As you shift, it should mirror your transformation in your world. But many people experience a lag in the manifestation from the inner world to the outer world. Do not be discouraged if your perception of the otter world is not immediate. Continue to chant your mantra for breaking down barriers throughout the day. Invite the transformation, do not demand it. — Guru Tua
Here’s something to think about. If affirmations work, then it means you need to be careful with the things you think and words you say. If positive words have positive results, then the same for negative words.
In practical terms, our thoughts lead to the words we speak. When we say things they are more likely to become actions. Thus, the emphasis on positive affirmations rather than negative words.
Thankfully, the universe has a failsafe method in operation. People who are asleep or less awake exhibit less control over their thoughts, speech, and actions. The universe is in tune with this level of vibration.
Thus, people with less control over their minds possess less spiritual power. Some refer to this as Chi. This keeps them from doing too much damage. Still, unhealthy, angry, or greedy people do enough damage in the physical realm as it is.
Let’s talk about some best practices before we get to the list. Instead of saying “I can’t” do this or that, say “I currently struggle with.” This is an honest statement that does not close the door on the possibilities.
Also, don’t say “I can” when you clearly can not do it. This isn’t being honest either. Instead, say, “How could I do this or that?” This is one way to encourage the universe to help you make the changes you want.
So, to be honest, affirmations alone may not change your life dramatically. However, they can be an important element in your overall plan to redirect your life. In the short term, they help you gain emotional equilibrium. They bolster your confidence, and that may be enough to make a tremendous difference. The following list is just examples. So combine them, change them, make them yours.
Positive Affirmations Playbook
- I am the architect and builder of my life.
- From this moment forward, I choose to channel positive energy.
- Healing energy is flowing through my body, bringing health and wellness of spirit, mind, and body.
- I possess the talents I need for my own definition of success.
- I forgive those who have harmed me in my past and peacefully detach from them.
- A river of compassion washes away my anger and replaces it with love.
- Intuition guides my every step.
- My close relationships are becoming stronger, deeper, and more stable each day.
- I possess the qualities to be successful. My attitude determines my altitude.
- Creative energy surges through me and leads me to new and brilliant ideas.
- Happiness is my choice.
- My ability to conquer my challenges is limitless; my potential to succeed is infinite.
- I am courageous and I stand up for those in need.
- My thoughts are filled with positivity, and my life is plentiful with prosperity.
- Today, I abandon my old habits and take up new, more positive ones.
- I acknowledge my self-worth.
- Everything that is happening now is happening for my ultimate good.
- Though these times are difficult, they are only a short phase of life.
- My future is an ideal projection of what I envision now.
- The universe supports my dreams and my goals.
- My obstacles are moving out of my way.
- I wake up today with strength in my heart and clarity in my mind.
- I am at peace with all that has happened, is happening, and will happen.
- My nature is Divine; I am a spiritual being.
- I awaken to the voice of my ancestors and spirit guides.
- My life is just beginning.
We hope you found this article helpful, maybe even thought-provoking. You will find more interesting posts on our blog page. Use the “search” option on the blog page to find articles by key terms, topics, or category.
Does spiritual exploration interest you? If so, we offer both face-to-face and virtual learning sessions. We use a blended learning process to get the best learning outcomes. This blended approach aligns with what Joseph Campbell calls the Hero’s Journey.
Joseph Campbell & Joseph Campbell’s book The Hero’s Journey, Wikipedia