If you feel something is blocking your progress, it could be several things. Find out how to identify the roadblock and remove it.
When Your Path is Blocked
When you feel blocked, this can be very frustrating. You may feel your life isn’t moving in the direction you think it should. Something’s blocking your path and holding you back. That’s when it’s time to diagnose what’s going on.
That is right. Pause for a few minutes. Stop thinking about what the issue could be. Give the active mind a rest. This will help to clarify the issue or issues. Be sure to use a spiritual journal to document everything. If you don’t know what this is, then follow the link first.
On the positive side, when your path is blocked, it indicates you are making progress. It means you have new insight. Good for you.
The sources of your roadblock could be one or more of the following:
- Unhealthy programing from your culture or our Ego.
- The Universe prompting you to move in another direction.
- An issue from the past that you need to resolve.
- You are stuck in a victim or survivor mindset. You are ready to progress to a victor.
Removing Spiritual Roadblocks
1) Pinpoint the Obvious Issues
First, try this simple exercise to help identify the issues.
Close the eyes. Sit up straight but comfortably. Allow the head to float above the shoulders. Bring your attention to your body posture and breath. Observe the breath. Breathe deeply and naturally. Do not force the breath.
Sit and just breathe for 3 to 5 minutes. When thoughts invade, gently bring your attention back to the body and your breath. At the end of 3 to 5 minutes ask yourself the questions, what is blocking my path? What is the lesson? Then write in your journal.
If this isn’t clarifying the issue, then we suggest the automatic writing technique.
2) The Next Diagnostic Tool is Automatic Writing.
This is similar to the above exercise. When you use the automatic writing technique, it will unlock everything at the subconscious level. So, you will need to sift through the data to spot patterns or issues. Follow this link to the automatic writing process.
Trust your subconscious to explore and bring new options and resources. A good place to start is by asking yourself the question, what is the lesson? Again, it is important to document everything in your spiritual journal. This will help you identify any trends. It’s also a way of cultivating your intuitive powers.
This is a simple but effective strategy for finding solutions to those issues blocking your path. However, even if you think you have identified the issue with the first two techniques we recommend another tool to confirm your findings. Removing spiritual roadblocks is something we all face. So, if you are using the Enneagram, this is a something you should add to your spiritual tool belt.
3) Use the Enneagram Personality Profile
The Enneagram is a tool which will identify the default programing scripts of your personality and instinctual type. If there is an issue here because of unhealthy thought patterns this tool will show them to you.
Removing the Roadblock
When your path is blocked, using the right spiritual technology will help you deal with the issue. If you are using all the above diagnostic tools then you are already using some of these technologies.
Removing spiritual roadblocks is a common issue. The more we progress the father down the path we go, then we are more likely to encounter things we need to resolve. Sometimes the larger issues come up first. But, sometimes we run into them after years of practice. It’s also not uncommon to have the same issues resurface. Don’t be discouraged.
Spiritual technologies are tools for exploring consciousness. They result from generations of research by cultures around the world. These processes stand up to the test of science. They are repeatable and measurable. They do not require belief in religious doctrine. So, everyone who can follow a process can use them. We call the practice of these processes spiritual exploration.
You can list these tools in several ways. Some fall into more than one group. We like this simple method.
- Tools to enhance critical thinking. This study of basic logical reasoning along with spotting logical fallacies and logical axioms. Then we also use a comparative analysis. This is a step-by-step way of comparing beliefs between different worldviews. Above all, these tools will help sharpen your ability to discern fact from fiction.
- The Enneagram Personality Profile. This is an analytical tool. It provides insight into the mechanisms of ego, personality, and instinct.
- Seated meditation is often the heart of your spiritual practice. This includes a range from Beginning Meditation and Mindfulness Meditation through Japa Meditation and more advanced Siddhis of Patanjali.
- Moving meditation helps us strengthen the mind-body connection. It is also an important key to our health and wellness. This progression includes several methods of energy collection, such as Forest Bathing, Qigong, and Tai Chi.
- Pathways for expanding and exploring awareness. This progression includes a range of processes from lucid dreaming, the Shamanic Journey and Guided Meditation to third-eye awakening and soul memory awareness. Practical tools to guide your path, a spiritual journal, and automatic writing.
- Healing practices are the final group. This branch includes Pe Jet, Reiki, and Shiatsu. Self-care is also a part of this group and is vital to our overall health and wellness.
When your path is blocked, it is a sign that you have made progress. Don’t be discouraged. Removing spiritual roadblocks is something every warrior of light encounters.
Interested in spiritual exploration? Check out the blended learning process at the core of our teaching process. It reflects what Joseph Campbell called the Hero’s Journey. Our learning options include both face-to-face and virtual learning sessions. Please consider donating and supporting our mission. This helps others learn the knowledge for developing their own path.
Joseph Campbell & Joseph Campbell’s Book The Hero’s Journey, Wikipedia