Walking the path is not always unicorns and rainbows. There are battles both internal and external. Words of encouragement are sometimes few. If this resonates, this message is for you.
Warriors of Light Footprint
All spiritual travelers make mistakes. Everyone makes decisions they later regret. Everyone has been hurt, lied to or betrayed someone even if it was unintentional. This journey is not an easy undertaking. These result from being in the battle of life.
Many walk the wrong path, trying to follow in the footsteps of one of the great Avatars or Sages. Toiling over sacred texts and wasting precious hours only to realize everyone must forge their own path. The stories of the Sages are examples showing us how to forge our own way. They are examples of those who reject organized religion and walk their own path.
“Every warrior of light has felt afraid of going into battle.” — Paulo Coelho
These experiences prepare us to help others. Walking the wrong path, the betrayals and mistakes are lessons. This doesn’t mean we are never fearful. It means we learn to face it anyway. It’s important for us to assess our fears. Sometimes fear helps protect us from harm such as from falling off a high place. Our fear might help us see something dangerous. So, our fear can help us make better choices when it is based in reality.
Other people see us. And this encourages others to forge their own path. This inspires the warrior to act with courage.
The Warrior of Light is Perfectly Flawed
Every warrior of light has, at least once, doubted themselves. At some point, everyone doubts their abilities their calling, even though they know in their hearts they are called to be among the warriors of light. We all fail ourselves or others because we are not perfect. Everyone is flawed in some way.
The need to be of service has led everyone to say ‘yes’ when they should have said ‘no’. They deny that they need time to recharge their batteries and sharpen their spiritual tools. So, we cannot handle the burden we agreed to take. This to failure. We must admit we are perfectly flawed to show others they should strive to fulfill their own life mission.
This is why it is important to keep a beginner mindset. We must always be willing to learn and share. We are perfectly flawed and we are warriors of light. We are all created this way. In this way, we can show love even when we need love. We can heal when we need healing. We have been through all this and yet has never lost hope. The warrior’s call to service outweighs the obstacles in our path. We find hope and fellowship of like-minded warriors to help sustain our hope for a better future.
Warrior of Light Call to Action
The calling is to confront injustice and prejudice. While at the same time spreading compassion. This is not an easy task. When you confront using kindness as your guide, others see it as a weakness. It is not a weakness; it is compassion in action. This takes courage, and courage is a vulnerability. This the trademark of the warrior of light.
So, warriors of light need to take care of themselves. You will face rejection. People will attack your character. Understand that will not see the results of the seeds you plant. You may never see the positive change, but you are still the catalyst. Everyone in this battle needs to be equip themselves fully. If you are in training to be a spiritual warrior, get every spiritual tool or spiritual technology you can.
Spiritual technologies are tools for exploring consciousness. They result from generations of research by cultures around the world. These processes stand up to the test of science. They are repeatable and measurable. They do not require belief in religious doctrine. So, everyone who can follow a process can use them. We call the practice of these processes spiritual exploration.
You can list these tools in several ways. Some fall into more than one group. We like this simple method.
- Tools to enhance critical thinking. This study of basic logical reasoning along with spotting logical fallacies and logical axioms. Then we also use a comparative analysis. This is a step-by-step way of comparing beliefs between different worldviews. Above all, these tools will help sharpen your ability to discern fact from fiction.
- The Enneagram Personality Profile. This is mostly an analytical tool. It provides insight into the mechanisms of ego, personality, and instinct.
- Seated meditation is often the heart of your spiritual practice. This includes a range from Beginning Meditation and Mindfulness Meditation through Japa Meditation and more advanced Siddhis of Patanjali.
- Moving meditation helps us strengthen the mind-body connection. It is also an important key to our health and wellness. This progression includes several methods of energy collection, such as Forest Bathing, Qigong, and Tai Chi.
- Pathways for expanding and exploring awareness. This progression includes a range of processes from lucid dreaming, the Shamanic Journey and Guided Meditation to third-eye awakening and soul memory awareness. Practical tools to guide your path, a spiritual journal, and automatic writing.
- Healing practices are the final group. This branch includes Pe Jet, Reiki, and Shiatsu. Self-care is also a part of this group and is vital to our overall health and wellness.
Interested in spiritual exploration? Check out the blended learning process at the core of our teaching process. It reflects what Joseph Campbell called the Hero’s Journey. Our learning options include both face-to-face and virtual learning sessions. Please consider donating and supporting our mission. This helps others learn the knowledge for developing their own path.
Joseph Campbell & Joseph Campbell’s Book The Hero’s Journey, Wikipedia
Paulo Coelho, Warrior of the Light