Spiritual Exploration is the practice of processes for expanding awareness and opening the doors to other states of consciousness.
These processes we term, spiritual technologies can be divided into categories, although some of these ancient technologies could be included in more than one. Spiritual exploration can any of the following, in any combination. They all work together often complementing one another.
Spiritual Exploration is Consciousness Development
We find everyone has their own way of awakening and developing. We have a number of spiritual gifts just waiting to be discovered. There are a number of spiritual tools or technologies for developing your potential. These tools come from cultures around the globe. We call the processes in these traditions “spiritual technologies”. They are tools for exploring consciousness and investigating higher states of consciousness. This is the essence of spiritual exploration.
Above all these tools stand up to the test of science. They are repeatable experiential phenomena. And, higher states of awareness also have unique measurable physiological signatures. They are different from the basic states of consciousness (waking, sleeping, and dreaming). These processes do not require belief in a religion. All you need to do is follow the process correctly.
Additionally, you’ll see similarities in our approach in other schools of thought. For example, Gurdjieff’s approach was to investigate and adopt what was already proven effective. After all, human physiology hasn’t changed in thousands of years. So, the work of the ancient pioneers stands the test of time.
What are Spiritual Technologies?
There are many ways to list these processes. We like this simplified method. Some of these technologies could be in more than one category:
- The application of logical reasoning. This includes both deductive and inductive reasoning. Plus several “logical tools” to sharpen the ability to discern fact from fiction.
- Utilizing The Enneagram Personality Profile. A tool to understand the mechanisms of Ego, personality, and instincts. It’s also a doorway to understanding the virtues and gifts of the spirit.
- Progressions of seated meditation. Basic Mindfulness Centering exercises through Japa Meditation and the Siddhis of Patanjali
- Progressions of moving meditation. These include energy collection, Forest Bathing, Qigong, Tai Chi, Tei Ke.
- Healing modalities including but not limited to Pejut, Reiki, and Shiatsu.
- Awareness and consciousness expansion pathways like Forest Bathing, Lucid Dreaming, and the Shamanic Journey.